Friday, April 07, 2006

Scattered!

I'm just all over the place today, be warned!

Waiting sucks

I am waiting to hear back from an interview I had earlier this week. It's almost 3:30 on Friday afternoon, which means that I'm unlikely to hear anything today, and that I will have to continue to wait through the weekend. My tummy is kinda knotty and I just want to know what's going on!

I am waiting for the room mate to move out. Thirty days. It's not very long, not much longer at all as a matter of fact, but I'm impatient. Then end of the tunnel is right there and I can see the light, but it's not enough to read by.

Best Lunch Ever

Today I treated myself to lunch. I went to Sammy's in the food court downstairs and got a spinach salad with dried cranberries, walnuts, fresh strawberries, salmon and strawberry dressing on it, and a can of V-8. It made me very, very happy.

I [heart] My iPod!

Fred surprised me with an iPod (financial obligations be damned! Damned, I say! *whimper* But this is not going to be complainy, this is going to be about how much I [heart] my iPod). Mine is white and her name is Emmeline. Don't ask me why, that's just the name that came to me while we were getting to know each other Wednesday afternoon. She helped me knit, she helped me do laundry and we danced around while we hung up shirts, she helped me do the dishes and empty the dishwasher. Yesterday we went for a walk together to the grocery store to get some sushi, and tonight we're going to the gym. I am going to knit her a cozy with a trap door on the front to get at the control wheel thingy (like those jammies with feet!), and a pocket to keep her earphones in, and a place to put an armband through when for when we're pumping iron. I am also going to knit her a cord cozy to keep her earphone cord from getting all tangly and chewed by cats. I love her so very, very much. Right now I have about 180 songs on her, some of which have to come off, and then a lot more need to go on. We still have some getting-to-know-you stuff to do, like learning how to make a playlist, but I think that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Singing on Sunday

This Sunday we're off to Burlington for singing and spending time with friends. Yay!

4 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Hooray for iPod! How did we manage without them?

Fingers crossed for the interview results...

Dogeared said...

Yay for a new iPod! Making playlists are easy- although I have a Creative Zen Micro, it can't be that different for an iPod.

I can do it in 2 ways - 1) use the Creative software when my Zen is hooked up to the laptop. It's possible to open up your music library and click songs to add to a list. In effect, it's like plugging a keyboard into your mp3 player and magnifying the screen.

2) using the player only - either select all tracks or start by finding a track and then keep adding ones from the library. Then one of the options is "save as playlist" and you input a name.


This makes a lot more sense when you can show someone in person! ;-)

The Bears said...

Good luck on the intervoo!

*much crossing of paws of Bears*

And the iPood sounds like a great friend!

OK Bye
Stompy

jenn said...

I wish you all the best with the job front. And the various waiting fronts.

xoxo
jenn