Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Why my mother is awesome

I sent her this email:


"hello angela's mum, this is roo.


angela says that when people do things for you that make you happy, you should say thank you, so I wanted to say thank you to you and frank for sending the long red rope home with angela.


on monday when she came home from work, instead of letting me out in the back yard to bark at the kids like normal, she got out the long red rope. at first i thought we were going to play a pulling game and i tried to take the end and run around the kitchen with it, but angela got me calmed down and we went out the front door. we walked through the parking lot and down to the street and i was sooooo good even though i was very excited and i pulled a little, but since the long red rope is so strong angela was able to help me understand that pulling isn't a good choice, especially when there are small people around who get scared easily. we got to a light and had to wait, and i even sat down for angela, which is something neither of us could figure out how to do with that other silly little string thing. finally, we got to a field!


i got angela to take some pictures of me in the field after she was done falling over in the snow (i helped her get up, i am a good dog!) so you can see how happy i am now that i can go to the field.we walked back home, and i barked at another dog but didn't try to chase it even though it was trying to chase me and angela said that i was a good dog.when we got inside, i stood still for angela while she cleaned me off. playing in fields can be dirty! then i got a cookie, and defended my cookie from the cats, and ran around the kitchen and living room a lot and barked and jumped up and down. angela said that after a 45 minute walk like that i should have been tired but i was not, nope nope nope, so we played tug the rope with the proper rope toy and then i got a carrot while angela made her dinner. later on i did get a little sleepy, so i had nap on the couch. it was a good day, and angela says she is going to take me to the park tonight, where the snow might not be so deep and she might not fall over in it plus there is a garbage can there so she doesn't have to carry the poop bag in her pocket. yay!"


This is what my mom sent back:


"Hello Roo: Frank and I enjoyed your email and were so happy to see the pictures of you in the snow. We are glad to know that you are a good dog and look after Angela when she can't stand up. Sometimes it is harder for people because they only have 2 legs.


Love Angela's Mom"


It makes me so happy that get gets me. :-)


Oh, and here are the pictures from our Monday walk.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Good doggie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Roo!

I think we should talk sometime. Leslie seems to be getting a little pissy about the fact that I don't walk very well on my rope still (it is a lot shorter than your rope, but it is pink so it makes up for it). She doesn't understand that I am a hunting dog and the pigeons are really tempting. Plus, I bark and jump a lot at other dogs ... I just want to play with them!!! Oh well .. they are weenie dogs, and we are not. We have beautiful eyes and are very pretty.

Love,
Phoebe

P.S. next time hold out for the peanut butter - carrots are for rabbits.

Meghan said...

Yes, your mom is awesome.

And, Roo is GORGEOUS!

G'OMalley said...

Your mom gets lots of stuff.

I loves your mom.

I misses your mom.