Friday, October 26, 2007

A weekend in the country

Ok, so, really only a morning in the country, but I couldn't pass up the chance to hum a little Sondheim.


Anyway!


Tomorrow morning I am accompanying my mother, some of her guild members and some of the London Handweavers and Spinners guild to a goat farm! Wellington Fibres is about a 30 minute drive from home. They raise angora sheep, which produce mohair. Mmmm...mohair. I'm taking a camera with me. And some cash. But the debit card stays at home.


While I am out playing with goats, Fred will be at home baking this cake. We're going to a pot-luck Hallowe'en dinner party tomorrow night, and he decided while flipping through my Martha Stewart catalogue, that this would be our contribution, and that he would be making it.


I should be home from the goat farm by about two, just in case.

3 comments:

Simon said...

Have fun with the goats! And even more fun eating the cake.

Anonymous said...

Ok ... I gotta know how the cake went!!! Did you get pics??

Amanda said...

Ooh, what did you buy? Do you have pictures up yet?