1. I am a crappy housekeeper. Ok, so that's not really a revelation, more of a confirmation of facts. I'm a surface cleaner. I don't like to pick things up, or even move them forwards to swipe behind them. Fueled by a crappy day at work (see previous post) and some awesome music, I decided to actually move stuff.
2. A lot of crumbs can build up under your toaster.
3. It is possible to do aerobics while you clean your kitchen, as long as you don't mind that it will take a little longer when you have to stop to shake your rump, do a little kung fu fighting, or do a little bit of grapevining.
4. I used to be a dancer; I used to have grace and poise and rhythm. As I've aged, I've somehow turned into Hugh Grant in that scene in "Love Actually", but with more T and A.
5. Dancing is still fun, even if I do look like a giant dork when I do it.
6. It's ok that Fred is on a straight night shift. He's been home on disability for the past month, so my 'me' time has been lessened. Tonight is his first night back at work, and I had a blast by myself. I still don't want to spend forever trying to have a relationship between midnight Friday night and eleven PM Sunday night, but I'll be ok with it for a little while longer.
7. Even the cats will look at you like you've gone batshit crazy when you start jumping around your kitchen and singing into a scrub brush.
8. Grape kool-aid stains white tile floors.
9. Even if I don't want to, I will eventually have to lock the kitten in the basement.
10. I will always forget that I have just washed the floor and walk across it while it is still wet.
Wednesday is bathroom cleaning night. I'm actually looking forward to my discoveries!
She made me go in the basement! Just because I chewed through the garbage bag. It's not fair!