Friday, March 23, 2007

Early Morning

Riding the escalator up into the glass atrium after getting my morning coffee
I can see the first beginnings of the sunrise,
A backdrop for the brightly lit crane, already moving,
Building the next tall thing to bring more shade to the city.

At my desk there is a beauty in the silence;
No people, just the sound of the air intake system
And the hum of the flourescent lights
(Most of which haven't been turned on yet).

6:45 am is too damn early to be at the office.

4 comments:

Yonners said...

writing poetry is an awesome way to feel better, and the fact that you are writing good poetry only sweetens the deal!

jenn said...

I so see a future in work haiku writing. Really.

:)

The Bears said...

I really liked the way you captured that scene.

And yes, 6:45 is too damn early to be at the office.

Jim

CosmicAvatar said...

Damn right it's too early. But creativity is always good.