Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Day 5

Wow, it's been rocky. According to my little counter thingy, it's been 5 days and 9 hours since my last cigarette. Longest 5 days of my life. I've been using the Step One patches and wondering if they're a little strong. I've been having some very vivid dreams, which may be a side effect. Or, it may just be my brain dealing with some recent difficulties in my life. On the other hand of things, I've been wondering if the patch is doing anything at all, as I'm still having cravings like crazy.

Today I get to find out.

A. stayed home today so I was trying to decide this morning whether I should take the bus or drive in to work alone. Working on 6 hours sleep and having a headache was slowing down my thought processes. I decided to drive, even thought it was raining, since driving means less money spent today and less time spent standing around waiting for busses. I was about 40 km up the 401 from home when I realized I didn't put a patch on this morning. Nor do I have one on me. So we shall see what happens. I may have to run out at lunch for a box of Step 2's. Or I may discover that it really is my willpower that has carried me through the last 5 days. *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Go, Podgy!


Your lungs will thank you. :D

jenn said...

well??? what happened??

xoxo
jenn